Small Business, Big Impact: Sterile Processing Entrepreneurship
The hustle and bustle of the Sterile Processing department is the sound of patient safety. What happens when we bring the noise to the outside of the department walls? Join us as we shine a light on entrepreneurship in the Sterile Processing space. This dynamic speaker’s panel hosted by Sarah B. Cruz of PRETREAT will discuss how they are carrying the patient safety message in their businesses and what inspired them to do so. These frontline and tenure SP professionals opted to take their 9 to 5 shifts and add more hours to their passions. All major companies have started from somewhere. Come take a look at this wave of Sterile Processing business owners as the make take their small businesses to make a big impact on our industry.
Angie Baez #Say-it-loud
Chanté Brown Instrumental Sterile Processing Institute
Karen Cherry The Cherry Foundation
Deannard Esnard The Process
- Discuss the impact entrepreneurship has on engagement in Sterile Processing.
- Evaluate the different leadership styles in small business ownership.
- Examine the impact Sterile Processing entrepreneurship has on career paths.
- Demonstrate the importance of professional development in Sterile Processing.
- Learn some of the different types of small businesses (brick & mortar, digital marketing, non-profit).